Magnetic, heat resistant, silicone working mat to use for soldering or hot air work and electronics repairs, ideal for modifying or refurbishing retro handheld gaming systems!
Has the following features:
- 3 x boxed compartments for small parts storage
- 450mm x 300mm
- 124 x screw positions
- 3 x magnetic parts storage areas
- screwdriver tool recessed compartments
- Insertion points to stand up commonly used screw drivers etc
- Anti slip and anti static design
- Soft enough to protect your pride and joy handheld device while working on it face down. Also heavy enough to stop it from sliding around.
Used by us every day when modding handhelds.
This is a really handy mat I can't even tell you how many times I've dropped a screw and lost it forever or I've got glue or paint on the dining room table or burnt a hole in something with the soldering iron etc this basically solves all those issues.
So far I've used this mat for more than just soldering and it's great every little compartment I find some use for when doing my crafts or as I did recently clean up, recap and mod some gameboys.
I especially like how there's magnets built into certain compartments that is extremely useful.
10/10 product honestly I wish I had bought one months ago