GameBoy Color Li-Po battery charging modification by FunnyPlaying
Add a rechargeable battery to your GBC with this modification by using the original AC port to charge the battery. No shell modification required.
Comes with FunnyPlaying battery and charging cable.
To install; Remove one fuse from the motherboard and install the 2 wires supplied onto the solder pads left by the removed fuse. Then install the charging board to the motherboard using the 3 solder points. (See image below for solder reference points)
This battery mod will fit into any GBC shell. (FunnyPlaying and RetroSix without modification. Original or unbranded shells will need the battery divider removed from the battery compartment)
The charging module is separated from the battery for safety. Please click in the connector prior to installation.
Perfect for upgrading your GBC alongside a IPS screen upgrade.
What is included;
- 1 x charging board
- 1 x Lithium Ion Battery (tested to 1800 mAh)
- 1 x USB charge lead
- 2 x wires
Whats not included;
- GBC Laminated IPS ready shell. These can be purchased here.
1. Charging cord should only be used with the mod installed and not on a stock system.
2. Charge and Play is not supported. The system should be off while charging. Batteries are dangerous! Do not cut or puncture! Do not lever out with metal screwdriver or similar.
3. FunnyPlaying and RetroSixGBC shells have a large enough battery compartment for the battery. Original and unbranded shells will need to be modified.
First time soldering and managed to fit this battery to my GBC without any issue. Works a treat!