This revision of the awesome Retro Pixel GBC screen just got even better! The 2.7 revision is the same screen as the V1.0 and V2.1 but with an optional solder free install. (The power wire does not require soldering for the screen to function)
1. Drop in (no solder) option. The power wire does not need soldering to work.
2. Added logo backlight display and color change (The start/select wires need soldering)
3. Laminated lens which comes pre stuck to the screen. (No dust or extra glass lens purchase)
4. Adjust the position of the image post installation.
5. The touch control pad is integrated into the ribbon. (No additional TCH soldering required)
To install the v2.7 kit there is no soldering required.
What is included;
- 1 x IPS LCD Screen
- 1 x ribbon cable (FunnyPlaying)
- 1 x Laminated lens
- 1 x 3M fixing pad
- 1 x acrylic LCD fixing strip
- 3 x wires
- 1 x touch ribbon cable
Whats not included;
Tape to prevent possible shorts. We recommend Kapton tape.
1. The original power management of the Gameboy Color motherboard is very inefficient. This ribbon bypasses the inefficient power management and has its own within the ribbon.
2. Shell modification to fit the laminated lens is not recommended. Instead you can purchase a FunnyPlaying GBC shell which has been moulded to fit here.
3. The original GBC display is 43 x 41mm. This display is 49.5 x 44.5mm. A lens is not required as one is laminated as part of the screen.
4. The start and select buttons control the brightness and retro pixel modes. For this to function 2 wires need soldering as part of the install process.
Start and touch = increase brightness
Select and touch = decrease brightness
Start and select together = change the retro pixel display
Long Press = enter the function menu
5. Please bench test your screen kit for faults before installation. See our TikTok guide on how to test a GBC. A photo or video will be required for potential warranty claims. Any issues are to be reported before installing inside a shell or adhering to gasket. Once stuck down it will not remove without damaging the screen or the ribbon. Seperate screens are available here should you need one.
6. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts. We also highly recommend insulating the PCB with Kapton tape as any contact with the PCB could prevent the screen from working correctly.
The panel is easy to install. keep in mind, you have to solder 3 cables to get all features working.
All arrived fine and on the time! 👍👍👍
Was super easy with new case pre cut no fuss, it was quick, looks fantastic. Very happy would fully recommend to people that are worried about doing it.
Never ceases to amaze me these screens are top tier for quality
Definitely highly recommended for the modders out there
Wow. Just wow. These screens are top of the range for sure and I wouldn’t change for another. Extremely easy to install if you don’t want to solder-but I’d highly recommend soldering the wires for full operation without issues
Bought a few of these now and have never had an issue with them
Will be back again and again