*NEW* Laminated IPS screen for the Game Boy Advance SP (GBA SP) - 3.0 inch FunnyPlaying
No soldering option for basic functioning. One wire can be soldered for access to the OSD menu and brightness control, if desired.
This is the brand new 3 inch version just released in 2023. This kit drops into the FunnyPlaying SP shell available here. (No shell cutting required)
Install this backlit IPS screen with pre-installed laminated glass lens. The laminated panel means no dust and a more realistic display effect.
Screen is plug and play with a no solder option. (See notes below)
The screen can be installed in an original shell or an aftermarket shell. We highly recommend the drop in FunnyPlaying shells here.
- OSD feature menu - If soldered (see video)
- No dust under the pre laminated lens.
- At the lowest brightness the kit power consumption is 0.14w
- Mixed frame switch
- Brightness adjustment (if soldered)
What is included;
- 1 x laminated IPS LCD
- 1 x ribbon cable
- 1 x foam pad
- 1 x wires for brightness and OSD features
- 1 x screen strip (optional)
Whats not included;
- 1 x GBA SP shell
1. The logo is the full Game Boy. The image shows just Game.
2. OSD menu is available with the soldering of 1 wire. It has 4 different functions - Brightness, Colour, Display and Frames. The IPS screen will still work without these functions if you choose not to solder the wires.
3. Shell modification is required if you do not use a FunnyPlaying pre moulded shell here.
4. A seperate glass lens is not required, as the screen comes with a glass lens laminated to it.
5. Please bench test your screen kit for faults before installation. A photo or video will be required for potential warranty claims. Any issues are to be reported before installing inside a shell or adhering to a gasket. Replacements will not be made for installed kits. Replacement screens are available here should you need one.
6. It is advisable to wear a static bracelet before installing the screen to avoid any potential shorts.